Welcome to the Q Social Media November Newsletter, top tips for marketing online and upcoming events.
1) Receiving too many emails from LinkedIN? Did you know that the default when you sign up to LinkedIN discussions groups is daily email updates? This we feel is overkill and many people find themselves ignorning these emails due to the volume of them. You can within the settings of LinkedIN reduce the updates to weekly, thus making it much more manageable. Here's how:
- Sign into LinkedIN and click on your name top right corner.
- Click on Settings within the drop down menu
- Click on Groups ..... (towards bottom left corner)
- Click on Frequency of Group Digest Emails
- Set the frequency for each groups from daily to weekly.
- Click on Save Changes.
You can also stop following particular discussions within a group if you no longer want to receive updates, within the latest update email click on stop following discussion. This will remove you from receiving anymore ongoing comments within that discussion only.
2) If you find yourself receiving too many emails from Twitter and or Facebook, they will also have a settings area where you can change the notification settings. (Email us for details if needs be).
Our latest blog is 10 Ways to Promote a Facebook Page: read more here. There is a bonus blog that follows too with five more, so ten in all!!
We also have a posting on the Business Network SW Blog on what is LinkedIN, Facebook and Twitter (and why use them): read more here
|How we help
This month we are helping clients to further develop their existing social media setup and online presence. We are able to run audits to see where the setups are at the moment and how we can further develop them. We can also look at the stats within the social media tools and Google Analytics (if available) to further understand how their online marketing is working for them. This way when we give the handover training it is focused on the business needs, rather than what we think they need.
|More Event Details
Two particular upcoming events we would like to give more details on:
- Online Sales and Social Media Seminar - half day seminar in Exeter on 24th Nov - very much for those looking for an introduction overview of how to market a business strategically online. This will cover Social Media, Google Tools and briefly email marketing. For more details plus testimonials please click here
- Advanced Social Media Workshop - one day course in Exeter on 30th Nov - this is ideal for intermediates looking to take their social media setup to the next level, as well as perhaps looking to promote blogs and or video content to a wider audience online. This is a hands on course (which differs from our seminars), so where possible you will be using your own social media accounts for this. For more details plus testimonials pleace click here
Social Media Events:
15th Nov - Social Media for Beginners - 2hr seminar by Socialize Media in Torquay - places available
24th Nov - Online Sales and Social Media Strategy Seminar in Exeter - half day seminar - places available
28th Nov - Intro to Social Media Workshop at AME Solutions Training Room in Exeter - places available
30th Nov - Advanced Social Media Workshop at AME Solutions Training Cente in Exeter - places available
16th Dec - Social Media for Business Training Day in Bradford on Avon via Creative Training - places available
3rd Feb - Intro to Social Media Workshop at AME Solutions Training Suite in London - places available
11th, 18th, 25th Nov - 4N networking breakfast events in Exeter and Taunton
9th, 16th Nov - Exeter and Taunton Business Network lunch events (respectively) - on 16th Nov I am hosting the 10 min spot on "How to Market a Business Online"
17th Nov - Exeter Tweetup at Oddfellows - a chance to network socially plus pub quiz using smartphones - no fee - just come along from 6pm
For further details on any of these events please reply back to
If you would like further assistance with marketing online and using social media, please feel free to get in contact by emailing
Q Social Media Ltd
07805 512 979
Follow on Twitter at @qchriswood.
Q Social Media Ltd, Exeter, Company No. 07537439, Mob. 07805 512979 /